We are excited to announce that AM Ensemble 2019.5 is now available. The release includes many new capabilities. Here are some of the highlights.
1. AM Muse
The Smart Indicator now reacts to the chosen action type to further increase your experience and give you better orientation while documenting your processes with AM Muse. Depending on which action type you want to indicate, the rectangle’s color changes in the live environment. Furthermore, the highlighted interactions in the captured screenshots are colored in the action types as well.
Screenshots of elements
When exporting your process documentation as AM Composer (AMPRO) file, informative screenshots of the indicated and snipped elements are transferred. This brand-new feature significantly increases the usability of workflows in the AM Composer since all visual and technical elements are saved in a single file.
Improved quality of workflow merge
- Decisions are automatically recognized when using the AMPRO export in AM Muse. They are now placed on the right scope of the AM Composer, not only on the application scope. This reduces the amount of actions and leads to less redundancies.
- Elements that cannot be captured with the Smart Indicator (“Snipped elements”) were not merged in the workflow before. By introducing pixel checks and template matching, they now become part of the logic as well.
2. AM Composer
One of the main new features from this release is the possibility to export all of your workflows created with the AM Composer to Camunda, an open-source platform for workflow and decision automation. Use the export to easily display process models of your documented workflow. You can see actions, decisions, and different process runs. They are ready for edit afterward with your process model software. More information about the new Camunda export feature can be found here.
Mirror variables/ arguments
It can save you a lot of time to simply mirror arguments and variables directly from the parent to the child process instead of having to create them manually and then assign them. That's why we added the "Mirror" button to the AM Composer. You can select a variable or argument in one of the process files. An argument of the same type and name is then created in the linked process file and mapped directly in the same turn.
Livesearch Dropdown fields
With our new Livesearch Dropdown input fields for Processor ID, DCO TaskTypeID, and PRO TaskTypeID, the user doesn't have to select the IDs in the AM Console and then enter them manually in the AM Composer anymore. Instead, after defining the Database environment for the project, the user is shown all available IDs in the LiveSearch dropdowns and can easily select the desired IDs by name.
Drag & Drop methodology
With the new Activity Version 1.7.8, we provide two completely new mouse click types: MouseDown and MouseUp. They build the foundation for our new Drag & Drop methodology for Activities.
The new types are available for the following activities:
- Click Element
- Click Image
- Mouse Click
- OCR Click
A detailed documentation describing how to correctly use the new Drag & Drop feature can be found here.
We also proudly introduce the all-new Web Activities. They help you automate multiple software components with less effort by leveraging your APIs. Information can be easily extracted and converted to a more readable format or prepared for further processing. With Web Activities, you can manipulate XML and JSON files, for example, to deserialize documents to facilitate data extraction. Furthermore, the AM Composer can easily integrate with Camunda BPM via REST API and then perform tasks as part of an end-to-end business process. Camunda will automatically send tasks to AM Composer when a step in an end-to-end process requires it.
Here is an overview of all new web activities within this release:
- (RESTWeb Service) HTTP Request Activity easy access to get data from a webservice. REST (Representational State Transfer) uses JSON to transport data.
- SOAP Request Activity: SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) uses xml files to transport data. With our activity you can easily get them.
- Deserialize and Serialize JSON Activities. Easy to use activities for converting between JSON and .NET object.
- Deserialize and Serialize Activities. Easy to use activities for converting XML objets and documents.
Detailed Release Notes can be found here.